Institute for Youth and Development
To provide inclusive, innovative and sustainable programs and services for social and economic transformation.
- To empower youth through awareness, education, positive engagement .
- To design program and projects that come enable youth, communities to realize their potential for progress, sustainable development
andempowerment for social justice and equity.
- To work in the environment of courtesy, honesty
- Trust and transparency in our engagement with people.
- Deepening partnership with community, Government and development institutions, academic and research
centres. Youth centric, women centricand community centricengagement.
- Constant development in the law of life…
Institute for Youth and Development was established in 1978. Prelude to this, Vishwa Yuvak Kendra (VYK) opened a regional centre at Bangalore in 1972. This was to facilitate the newly established Youth Services Department of the Government of Karnataka in developing youth programmes. The Bangalore centre of VYK was the program arm of youth services department located at that time at Kantereva stadium premises. Subsequently it was felt necessary to establish an independent organization in south India thus born Institute for Youth and Development -IYD
Dr. L.S Ghandi Doss – Director
Dr. Eliza Periera - Counselling Consultant
Sri. V.C. Joseph – Advocate
Dr K. Ashoka Reddy - Agriculture and space application scientist
Mrs. Radha Pandirajan – Educationist & Mathematician
M.S. Shivakumar - Served as technical advisor World Bank on Land, housing, urban planning
Dr .K. Sekar – Professor, NIMHANS
Dr .J.L. Fernandes – Executive Director, MASARD
Mrs. Vidya Ramachandran - Served in MYRADA
THE CORE OBJECTIVES ARE
- To strengthen in youth, women and marginalized poor such qualities and skills which will prepare them for life and enable them to function as catalysts in the process of change.
- To work co-operation with youth and social development organisations of India and for the welfare of youth development and Indian youth in general.
- To provide appropriate services for socially and economically weaker sections of the youth which will not prejudice self dignity but promote self reliance: to encourage the spirit of voluntarism by revitalising the existing voluntary youth groups particularly local action oriented groups.
- To provide a common forum for the voluntary agencies concerned with growth and development, to share their cherished idea and thoughts which will enable them to speed up the process of concerted efforts for action.
- To affiliate to any national and or international organisations including the united nations organisation the common interests and welfare of the national as well as international youth
- To undertake social development and sustainable livelihood programs in collaboration with development origin, banks and government departments and institutions pursuing and furthering development.
- To initiate and organize need-based sustainable rural development projects in Environment, Health, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Sericulture, Income Generation etc.