LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT – RAJIV GANDHI CHAITANYA YOJANE (RGCY)
- To reduce poverty by enabling poor households to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities
- To improve the livelihoods on sustainable basis
- To facilitate employment opportunities to two lakh rural youth under Rajiv Gandhi Chaithanya Yojane (RGCY).
- One lakh youth to be provided with self-employment and one lakh youth to be provided with skill training and placement assistance targeting 40 youth per Gram Panchayaths
Government of Karnataka has established the “Karnataka State Rural Livelihood Promotion Society” (KSRLPS) christened as “SANJEEVINI” as the nodal agency for implementing the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) of the Government of India in the State of Karnataka with an objective of reducing poverty by enabling poor households to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities to improve the livelihoods on sustainable basis. SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS is implementing the Rajiv Gandhi Chaithanya Yojane (RGCY), launched by the RD&PR Department, Govt. of Karnataka, to facilitate employment opportunities to two lakh rural youth. Of these, one lakh youth to be provided with self-employment and one lakh youth to be provided with skill training and placement assistance targeting 40 youth per Gram Panchayath, duly selected by the Grama Sabha of respective Gram Panchayats. The Rajiv Gandhi Chaithanya Yojane (RGCY) is a special project of providing employment to unemployed youth of rural areas through provision of self-employment and skill trainings.
The Karnataka State Rural Livelihood Promotion Society ® (KSRLPS) had a partnership with IYD NGO as Project Supporting Agencies (PSA) for effective implementation of “Rajiv Gandhi Chaitanya Yojane” in 2 taluks such as Malur and Mulbagil taluks of Kolar district. Working with 58 Gram Panchayats for motivating youth to take up self employment and provide suitable support system by way of linkages with Entrepreneurship Development.
IYD working as Project Support Agency (PSA) for implementation of RGCY programme
- Create awareness on RGCY program
- Coordination with GP, TP, ZP
- Selection of beneficiaries for RGCY program through village gramasabha
- Selection & capacity building of Community Resource Persons (CRPs)
- Formation of Joint Liability Groups (JLGs)
- Capacity building / trainings for JLGs
- Formation of Federation of JLGs
- Creating Self employment opportunities
- Skill development program for beneficiaries
- Bank linkage
- Market linkage
There are 27 Community Resource Persons (CRP) are working in this program and have a target of 786 youths per year for providing self employment opportunity. The main activities of IYD in this project are formation of JLG and its bank linkage, Creating self employment opportunities, skill development, and market linkage. During the year, IYD has trained 1875 youths including 15 Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) have been trained in different trades such as Dairy Farming, Computer, Tailoring, Bee Keeping, Plate making, Mobile repair, Driving etc. All these beneficiaries have been linked to the local banks to start up their activities.